Thursday, September 17, 2009

patience is a virtue i apparently have not

The hardest thing is the waiting..spinning my wheels waiting for it all to be done. I feel like I can't do anything fast, or thorough enough..I feel like the time is flying past and I'm still looking at an empty room waiting for something to happen..but my bank account is still dissapearing! HA! I guess that's what it's like!

Painting painting..who know a tiny place could demand so much paint? Tomorrow if the sky will shut up for a few hours, we will begin to work on the shelves, one week behind. I feel as soon as I have some shelves up then it will seem so very real. This week I have been unloading the used merch and sorting, cleaning and stacking it all over my poor little house. I am very pleased so far with the variety of subjects, and I even found some really good kids books that had been set aside for a while. We placed almost all of our orders now, not including the periodicals, but those will be shipped within 2 days of opening, so that will be ok. My first delivery comes tomorrow...!

Chris will start on the mural tomorrow as well. I am so excited to see it finished..then my shelves then my electrical work, ( a new fan and lights).

The most exciting news is that the Advocate wants to do a story on the bookstore! Amazing. I am so thankful we have such a supportive neighborhood and community. I can't wait to do something good for them..I can't wait to give back to the kids, and all the neighbors by providing them a well of knowledge to drink from. Thats really what this is all about for me..opening some doors, and opening some minds and giving back to all the people that have helped me. I can't wait to give my poets thier space to sell and share thier work. I can't wait to see kids reading in the corners of the stores, or people getting turned on to something old or new. So much to look forward to..and yet, so much to do.

Christa, Raq, and Rico are coming to help us tommorow night..It will good to catch up and work together with them. This is all I got now. I'm tired, and I need to rest for the morning. One more permit to get and then on to my beautiful shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment