Sunday, September 13, 2009

when it rains




C.O has been finalized! Three inspectors came on Thursday, did the walk thru and passed our little nook with flying colors! That seems to be it for permits. I may need to get one if and when we place our sign, if it is larger than the one that is already on the premises. Must check with the office before I get to comfortable.


Little physical work done as of Friday, when the rain started. We had planned on working on the shelves this weekend, but with the rain coming like it has, we had to postpone that till the next coming weekend. We found a leak in the celing, so we called the landlord. Have yet to hear back. We did finish our painting, (finally) and decide on another order of sidelines. I found some book lots on ebay, and gave 2 a shot, which will be a major shot for both the kids and comics sections.

Friday I went to my old boss to tell him about the news. It was so good to talk to him again, and he gave me some good pointers, a lesson on bookeeping (and a ledger to use) and a pat on the back. He was a good boss to me for many years, and a cherished friend. I hope he can make it by soon, I would love to get his feedback on the setup and flow, although I think I feel pretty confident about our idea. As I walked into the bookstore where I almost ended up in the end, I still felt the deliciousness of NOT working there.. I never thought I would be at this point in my life where I was going to have my own place. I just never thought it was ever going to happen.

This weekend gave us a good break...but can you believe what happened? Our AC in our house is going kablooey. Its a good thing it has been so mild. I had to go to Walgreens and get some floor fans, but it was a good thing they were on sale. I got 3 so we can take them to the shop. The shop has only one vent and a ceiling fan that is wacky shack and giggles like jello. It's totally not serving a purpose right now and I think I'm going to have to look for something elses. Anyway, back to the weekend, well, we slept late and spent good time together as a family. We had a great night with some friends of ours, playing Beatles Rock Band, and stayed up late laughing and watching good movies. I'm so thankful for my friends. They even helped finish up the painting last week. They are awesome.

Next task is the shelves. I will upload pictures as soon as they are up! Also, after that I may be interested in buying some books from all of y'all! Exciting !

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful! I'm teary eyed. I cannot wait to just be in your store, yours!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! Getting goose bumps thinking of all the amazing possibilities.... yay! hope the ac problems get fixed without a bunch of drama....thank goodness it's getting cooler soon... :)

    ReplyDelete